We have experience in all aspects of state and federal practice, including appeals in the Texas and United States Supreme Courts and state and federal circuit courts throughout the United States. The substantive issues in our appellate cases range from antitrust and patent infringement issues to First Amendment and tort issues. Additionally, we are renowned for our procedural expertise, including the specialized areas of interlocutory appeals, writs of mandamus, and appellate motion practice.
We have a great depth of experience in presenting oral argument and crafting briefing, including amicus curiae briefs and petitions for writ of certiorari. Our lawyers also engage in all phases of trial practice, including development of trial strategies, preservation of error, jury charge preparation, presentation of summary judgment and other dispositive motions, removal and remand, Daubert hearings, post-trial motions, findings of fact and conclusions of law, judgment formation and enforcement, asset protection pending appeal and mediation.
Areas of Expertise
- Jurisdiction: asserting or defending special appearances, pleas to the jurisdiction and other jurisdictional issues.
- Discovery: strategizing and planning discovery to ensure the requisite facts are developed.
- Experts: giving trial lawyers the road map to make an expert Daubert-proof ; assisting trial lawyers in attacking opposing experts.
- Motion practice: developing legal arguments and writing motions to clearly and persuasively present the law and preserve error.
- Jury charge: crafting, advocating for and preserving error in the charge.
- Post trial practice: from drafting judgments to findings of facts and conclusions of law, along with the entire breadth of post trial motions.
- Appeals: using both creativity and clarity, handling all aspects of an appeal in both state and federal systems.